Vermeulen Materia Medicas
Introduced in Vision version 2.0005 these books are all available as an option to purchase with Vision. None of these books can be purchased for Vision version 1 - they can only be purchased for use with Vision version 2. If you are a Vision v2 user make sure you download the free upgrade to v2.0005 once you have purchased any Vermeulen book in order to gain access.
The books available are:
- Concordant Reference 1
- Synoptic Reference 1
- Monera (Bacteria & Viruses)
When you need to read and check the detail of a remedy – choose Concordant!. You no longer need to check all of the old books one by one – Concordant compiles all of that information into one volume. Concordant will become your essential reference book.
When you need to quickly grasp the picture of a remedy consult Synoptic.
Where Concordant provides details of all known symptoms (provings and cured symptoms) for a remedy, Synoptic summarises into an easy-to-understand picture. Synoptic also contains an invaluable new feature called a Plus Group - this helps you quickly grasp the core of each remedy.
Prisma is for those who wish to understand the nature of a remedy especially with regard to the substance from which it is derived. The doctrine of signatures is examined with relation to each substance and expanded with modern information and understanding that was not available at the time of the original provings.
Fungi attempts to expand our knowledge and application of the fungal remedies which are poorly represented in our literature. It does this by providing a 'key' for each remedy which is created by combining toxocoligical and mycological information along with medicinal uses and fungal lore and also, of course, homeopathic symptoms where available.
Monera (Bacteria & Viruses)
A highly topical explanation of the contents of these kingdoms in homeopathic lietrature. Where Bacteria are the origin of all life on Earth, Viruses have no life of their own and require other metabolisms to proliferate.
To purchase and add any Vermeulen books to your Vision system please click here
Here is more information on Concordant and Synoptic :
Information on 918 remedies with an additional 289 remedies added into the ‘Relations’ section of the remedy they most closely resemble
Symptoms are from provings/poisonings (mainly Allens Encyclopedia – which itself included all of Hahnemanns Materia Medica Pura) and from cases (mainly Herings Guiding Symptoms). This provides a rounded, complete explanation of each remedy all in one volume.
Each of the following works has been used to compile almost everything into Concordant Reference:
1. W. Boericke – Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica, 9th ed.
2. C.M. Boger – A Synoptic Key of the Materia Medica, 4th ed. and Boeninghausen’s Characteristics and Repertory.
3. A. von Lippe - Key Notes & Red Line Symptoms of the Materia Medica.
4. T.F. Allen - A Primer of Materia Medica for Practitioners of Homoeopathy.
5. A. & D.T. Pulford – Homoeopathic Materia Medica of Graphic Drug Pictures and Clinical Comments.
6. A.C. Cowperthwaite – A Text-Book of Materia Medica and Therapeutics.
7. J.T. Kent – Repertory of the Homoeopathic Materia Medica, 6th ed., and Lectures on Homoeopathic Materia Medica.
8. J.H. Clarke – A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica.
9. C. Hering – Condensed Materia Medica and Hering’s Guiding Symptoms of the Materia Medica.
10. T.F. Allen – Handbook of Materia Medica and Homeopathic Therapeutics and Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica.
Concordant alsoshows the source (as above) of all entries. Families of remedies are also shown with up to date scientific nomenclature provided for each remedy.
This work provided a ‘synopsis’ or summarised picture of 500 remedies.
All sources used have been checked and verified by Frans – with the need to often correct errors arising from original translations and errors of misunderstanding by old authors.
Each remedy has a section showing its leading Symptoms. Further, the Substance of each remedy is explained and additional sections on Affinities, Strange, Rare & Peculiar and Foods & Fluids are provided.
An innovation called the ‘Plus Group’ is also provided for each remedy. This contains those things that are characteristic or distinct for each remedy. The more entries from the Plus Group your case has, the better the match to the remedy in your case.
Add a comment: