Downloads for Vision for Mac
Our Upgrade Policy
All Vision upgrades are provided free of charge to registered users of Vision who download and install for themselves (while Vision remains the current release).
If you are experiencing difficulties downloading Vision for Mac then we strongly recommend you purchase an up to date installer USB from our online shop. Click here to order an installer on USB stick that contains the latest version of Vision for Mac.
MacVision currently runs only on Sierra and High Sierra versions of macOS. It does not yet run on Mohave - if you upgrade your Mac to Mohave, MacVision will not run. We will issue an upgrade for Mohave as soon as we can.
The most recent upgrade available for Vision for Mac is v1.009. This upgrade can be applied to any previous version of Vision for Mac. Never install this upgrade unless you have previously installed the full MacVision system previously.
Click the button below to start downloading and refer to the instructions provided.
Latest upgrade - Vision for Mac 1.010
- Click the button above to start downloading.
- Once the download is complete open the Downloads folder on your Mac.
- If you used Safari to download then you will see a Vision installer file suffixed with DMG in your Downloads folder. Drag the DMG file you have just downloaded onto your Desktop (or somewhere else if you prefer).
If you used Chrome to download then you will see a ZIP file for Vision in your Downloads folder. Double click on the Zip file you have just downloaded. Your Mac will then 'expand' the zip file and after it has finished the new Vision installer DMG will also be in your Download folder. Drag the new Vision DMG from your Downloads folder onto your Desktop (or somewhere else if you prefer).
- Double click the DMG installer file you just moved to the Desktop (or somewhere else if you did that) to start the installer.
When it opens up you should follow the suggestion and drag from the left Vision picture onto the right Applications picture
When prompted, instruct your Mac to 'replace' the previous version of Vision which should be in your Applications folder.
When the installer has finished click on the DMG file and 'Eject' it.
- Start Vision from your Applications folder as normal (if any books have been distributed with this upgrade Vision may take a little longer than usual the first time it starts while it copies over and organises any updated books).